DFS Monday Night Football: DraftKings for Week 2 (Fantasy Football)

Nov 30, 2025; Charlotte, North Carolina, USA; Los Angeles Rams running back Kyren Williams (23) scores a touchdown during the fourth quarter against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jim Dedmon-Imagn Images

You know what? The Main Slate can kick rocks because there is nothing better than MNF! Let’s break down how this game shakes out and how we can win some money in Showdown.

1. How to Win Showdown Contests: A detailed article looking at the data and strategy behind winning Showdown lineups.

2. DFS Showdown Strategy PodcastA thorough discussion on how to beat Showdown, looking at the game theory and how to leverage the field.

DraftKings Sportsbook Lines

Spread: LAR -6.5
Total: 47.5
Team Totals: LAR (27) –  NYG (20.5)

I am approaching this slate as though Puka sits, but I am not handing his production to the rest of the Rams and pretending the offense loses nothing. LAR is still favored, though the moneyline has moved toward NYG and recent pricing on the 47.5 total leans toward the under. I still lean Rams, but a win through Kyren and the kicking game looks different from Stafford lighting it up. For Showdown, I want room for a competitive game rather than loading up on LAR and treating Giants players as obligatory bring-backs.

The liquidity gap is eye-opening, with Kalshi showing nearly 14 times as much available on the Giants spread as the Rams. That is money available to match bets, not money already wagered. Some of those orders could be traders hunting a good price with plans to hedge or arbitrage later, rather than taking a stand on the game. It gets my attention, but I’m not treating it as proof that everyone is hammering NYG.

Game Outlook

With Puka assumed out, my starting point is a Rams win built around Adams through the air and Kyren finishing drives. I am not automatically expecting Stafford to throw his way to the top score on the slate. Same idea as last week: a team can win without its QB delivering a ceiling game. More opportunity for the remaining WRs does not mean we have to roster all of them.

The version that turns into a shootout needs NYG to keep answering. That is where I want Dart paired with Nabers, rather than plugging in whichever Giant fits after spending everything on LAR. Skattebo interests me more in builds where NYG stays balanced and finishes drives on the ground. A team does not have to win for their players to matter. 

Do not forget how good Harbaugh (NYG’s Head Coach) is at running the ball. Over the last six years, the league average is 103 yards per game. Harbaugh blows that out of the water with an average of 137.7 Rush YPG in the same span. 

My preferred script is a competitive Rams win, with enough stalled drives to keep the kickers involved. I’m comfortable building around that instead of assuming both QBs and a handful of cheap pass catchers are the answer. For my more aggressive passing builds, I want NYG pushing the pace on the scoreboard and forcing Stafford to keep throwing. Those are different bets, and I want my lineups to reflect that in my 150 sets.

My read: Rams, but I am building for a competitive game where Kyren or Corum and the kickers matter instead of assuming Stafford lights it up.

Injury Report

RAMS

GIANTS

  • Questionable: CB Deonte Bank, LB Micah McFadden

Top Captain Plays

Davante Adams $13,200 

Adams is my favorite CPT under the Puka-out assumption. He led the NFL with 14 receiving TDs last season, and I want exposure where the Rams’ passing production runs through him after he was buns against the 49ers last week. This feels like a bounce-back spot. I would pair him with Stafford and find my differentiation in the remaining FLEX spots rather than avoiding a strong connection because it looks obvious.

Stack Idea: Adams + Stafford + Kyren, with Dart coming back

Jaxson Dart $14,700

Dart threw three TDs and added 54 rushing yards in the opener, which is exactly why I am willing to pay for him at CPT. Those rushing points give him a way to outscore his receivers even when the passing production is spread around. I would generally pair him with at least one pass catcher, but I wouldn’t force two into every build.

Stack Idea: Dart + Nabers + Kyren + Mevis

Malik Nabers $13,500 

Nabers is my lower-owned CPT alternative, as I currently have him at just under 10%. He caught six passes for 69 yards in his return last week, and his projected CPT ownership is less than half Dart’s. I want some lineups where the Giants’ biggest receiving performance belongs to Nabers, with Dart collecting the passing points in FLEX.

Stack Idea: Nabers + Dart + Stafford + Adams + Parkinson

Top FLEX Plays

Matthew Stafford $10,000

Stafford is my preferred partner for Adams CPT, and I also want him in builds using multiple Rams pass catchers. He ranks second in my blended projections, so I am not forcing a fade just because he is popular. I do like using the primacy effect to my advantage and not putting him at CPT since he will be at the top of the list if Puka is out. My preference is to chase a receiver’s big game at CPT while keeping Stafford’s passing production at his regular salary. Plus, we know he will not give us any rushing production (like we saw last week when he got stuffed on the one-yard line).

Kyren Williams $9,600 

Corum’s involvement is why I prefer Kyren in FLEX rather than making him one of my three priority captains. The Rams rotated their backs by drive in Week 1, but Kyren remained the passing-down option as they fell behind. Plus, he saw 64% of the snaps compared to 23% for Corum and 13% for Ronnie Rivers. That keeps him useful across different game scripts without needing to assume he gets every meaningful touch.

Oct 9, 2025; East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA; Philadelphia Eagles safety Reed Blankenship (32) tackles New York Giants running back Cam Skattebo (44) during the second quarter of the game at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Vincent Carchietta-Imagn Images

Vincent Carchietta-Imagn Images

Cam Skattebo $9,400 

I like Skattebo in FLEX builds where the Giants stay competitive and finish drives on the ground. He fits as the Giants’ bring-back with Adams CPT and Stafford, giving us a way to capture New York’s scoring without automatically paying for Dart or Nabers. He is only $200 cheaper than Kyren, so this is a bet on where the Giants’ TDs go.

Colby Parkinson $3,600 

Parkinson projects for slightly more than Blake Corum while costing $1,000 less, making him my preferred midrange salary saver. He was also the Rams’ primary TE in one-TE formations on early downs last week, so this isn’t just a bet that an injury creates a role from nothing. I like him as a Stafford stacking partner without having to reach all the way down to a minimum-priced WR. He has dropped 20+ point games in the past. 

GPP Leverage Plays

Isaiah Likely $7,400 

Likely is my pivot for Dart CPT builds that leave Nabers out. He saves $1,600, giving us more room on the Rams side while betting the Giants’ receiving TDs land at TE. We are giving up projected points compared with Nabers, so the rest of the lineup needs to benefit from those savings. At nearly 30% projected ownership, he is a different way to build around Dart.

Darnell Mooney $3,800

Mooney is my Giants receiving dart for Dart stacks. At $3,800, he sits just $200 above Parkinson, giving us a way to change the final FLEX spot. His projection is considerably lower, so this is a bet on a chunk play or TD landing his way, not a claim that he is the better median play.

Nov 2, 2025; Inglewood, California, USA; Los Angeles Rams tight end Terrance Ferguson (18) reacts after making a 45-yard reception against the New Orleans Saints during the first half at SoFi Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-Imagn Images

IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect

Terrance Ferguson $1,800 

Ferguson is my favorite dart throw of this group. He became the primary third-down TE in the Rams’ one-TE formations last week, although the increased opportunity did not translate into targets. At $1,800, I am willing to bet that some of the available receiving work reaches him rather than assuming every replacement target goes to whichever WR is out there for the Rams.

Konata Mumpfield $1,000

Somebody gotta’ play WR along with Adams, right? Mumpfield might be that option. Xavier Smith and his blended projections are nearly identical, so paying the extra $800 is a bet on which cheap Rams WR actually produces, not a meaningful improvement in projected points. I would rotate between them rather than repeatedly using both simply because the salary works. Feeling cute, I might throw in a Stafford at CPT lineup and have each of them in it for the lotto.

Xavier Smith $200 

Finally! We may get some value at the stone min. At $200 with a 5.26-point projection, Smith creates the most salary flexibility of anyone here. That also makes him the ownership number I trust least to hold if Puka is ruled out, because the savings are obvious and the mouth-breathing field will flock to him. I will use him to strengthen the rest of the lineup if I get a unique combo, but I am not treating his current 7.20% pOwn as a promise he will produce. He could be a trap and give us instant leverage. Play with caution. 

Final Thoughts/Game Theory Ideas

I studied a 2023 Chargers-Raiders game because injuries to expensive players opened up cheap replacements and made the pricing weird like tonight’s game. I then looked at trends from MNF in Week 1. 

1. Use the Value to Question the Expensive Pieces. The 2023 winner kept a cheap Zamir White play, left Austin Ekeler out, and used Davante Adams at CPT. That’s how I want to approach the cheap Rams under our Puka-out assumption: take useful savings, then question which expensive players actually belong around them. I do not need both QBs in every lineup just because I can afford them.

2. Get Different Through the Game Script. Neither winning lineup we studied needed a player below 10% ownership in his selected slot. Dart CPT with Likely instead of Nabers bets on the Giants’ receiving TDs landing at TE. Adams CPT with Stafford and Skattebo leans into Rams passing scores and Giants rushing scores. I’d rather make those intentional bets than force a collection of low-owned darts that need unrelated things to happen.

3. Leaving Salary is Not Enough. Last week’s winning lineup left $300 and still appeared 46 times, so I am not giving myself credit just for leaving money on the table. I’m comfortable spending less when the lineup makes sense, but I am not downgrading a good play just to land on an unusual total.

4. Salary May Not Matter Tonight. Last week’s Chiefs-Broncos MNF game gives us a recent look at showdown salary allocation, with the chart comparing the percentage of entries from that 2023 TNF game. 

Salary used and %Making lineups based on salary parameters may be a huge mistake on this slate. Try to focus more on projections and a narrative than fitting a square salary into a round hole.



from Fantasy Footballers Podcast https://ift.tt/ru5TL6j
DFS Monday Night Football: DraftKings for Week 2 (Fantasy Football) DFS Monday Night Football: DraftKings for Week 2 (Fantasy Football) Reviewed by Admin on September 21, 2026 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.